Saturday, May 29, 2010

From Sethany Nuth


My experience in China can be described as graceful, pleasurable, and amazing. Throughout such a great time, I have never regretted taking part in the CTBU Study and Culture Tour. Before visiting China, I didn’t know that China is such a strong and growing nation, especially Chongqing. Chongqing’s fast growth is leading Chongqing itself to become one of the most attractive cities for tourism. However, I see that not only the city but also the University itself is one of the fastest growing parts in China. Throughout my stay at CTBU, I have seen that the relationships amongst CTBU’s students and faculty, and us, the exchange students, are very strong. Because these friendships became stronger and stronger each day we stayed, I never saw myself as a foreigner. The volunteer students have taught me so many aspects of life that I would never have learned at home in United States. I admire their strong self-encouragement, self-satisfaction, and companionship. They gave me what I think a real friendship is. Yes, it is true that friendship can be made anywhere we go; however, this friendship in CTBU is unforgettable. Throughout this trip, I have learned more about Chinese people and their culture. I learned how to adapt to such a new and different environment from home. I learned what real friendship is. I am looking forward to coming to CTBU again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment