Monday, May 10, 2010

From Jessica Capaldi


Wow! I’m actually in China and it really hasn’t hit me yet. I feel like I’m just in a very large city with many Chinese people that don’t speak much English. We spent the first four days in Beijing, which was amazing. I would have to say I really loved it there. Everything was at the tip of your fingers, a walk away. There was a bit of a culture shock to me when I had witnessed certain types of “food” being cooked in the vendors on the streets of Beijing. Things like, bugs, sharks, starfish, and testicles. Although, while in Beijing, we had made the most amazing friends at a local café, who were more than accommodating. We actually got caught in the rain and they had ran around the corner to bring multiple umbrellas to our rescue. They had also supplied us with trash bags to wear home in the rain. These new friends of ours, honestly has been the high point of the trip so far.
Now we’re in Chongqing, which is much different. I can’t really describe why it’s different but the vibe of the city gives a dissimilar feeling. The campus is so beautiful and substantial in size. Much more than I ever expected. The students and faculty are open with arms. I can’t wait to make great friends with everyone here at CTBU. I feel like this experience will leave me with lifelong friends. Well, that’s all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment