Saturday, May 22, 2010

From Samantha Fouhy


May 21, 2010


Hmm well my feet hurt from blisters, I've seen the sun about twice since I've been here, there is pointless drama, but I am still managing to have a wonderful time in China. I have met some people that I don't think I will ever forget. In Chengdu, the pander bears were so adorable, except the babies, they look like little rats. I have noticed more and more the way our cultures are different. I absolutely love English corner. The students are so nice and just love to talk. I noticed that asking about girlfriends and boyfriends causes complete shyness. They laugh so easily and you can talk to them about almost anything. The food fair was a blast, and I think that Brittany did a fantastic job at putting everything together. The Chinese students were like vultures to our hot dogs and baked beans. They were coming from all angles to grab our food. I guess they liked it. Visiting the stone carvings was interesting minus the bus ride with Jermaine leaning on my arm. The carvings each told a story and were really interesting to look at. I have been noticing more and more how lucky I am to have what I do at home. Not having to walk up hill, having Wawa, pizza, cheese fries, toilets, and the simple little things have made me really happy to have what I do. I really like China, but I can say that in the past week I miss home more than I have the entire time I've been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment