Sunday, May 16, 2010

From Christine Scanlon


May 16, 2010

I am going to start with I do not think I could ever have imagined the experience I would have in China. So far it has gone very fast. It was frustrating initially not being able to communicate with my family. Phone calls are very expensive, and logging into the internet is very difficult at times. It has been an eye opening experience, and shows just how much college students in America depend on constant connection to the world. I think I can speak for everyone in the frustration with lack of communication availability. The students here at CTBU are very accommodating and willing to help us with any problems we have. It is awesome to see the cultural difference. The students here are very sweet, helpful and polite. Going to the Great Wall was awesome. As well as going to the panda reserve. It was something that not many people get to do, and I cannot believe I had the opportunity. I still cannot believe that I am actually in China. I miss my family a lot, and have already realized how much I take for granted at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment