Friday, May 28, 2010

From Rachel Weller



May 28, 2010

It is hard to believe that my time in China is already coming to an end. This journey at CTBU has left me with wonderful memories and insights into the Chinese culture and also the culture of the other countries that had exchange students in the program. I remember at the opening ceremony to the Culture Tour, Paula telling the audience, "Every year I leave with a group of students who fell in love with China." When I first heard this statement I wondered if my feelings for China could ever be that strong. However, after completing this tour, I can say I am one of those students. Perhaps it was the friendships I have made through countless outings to historical sites, delicious dinners, or just simply hanging out in the dorms playing cards with the partners that made me truly appreciate the Chinese culture. Yesterday evening I attended a birthday party of one of the CTBU students. Being a part of her birthday celebration made me realize the great friendship we have formed. Before I came to China I was told numerous times how nice the people are to their guests. Now that I have experienced China for myself, I must say those words could not be more true. As I prepare to leave this Culture Tour, I will take with me the vivid images in my mind of Jiefangbei lit up at night, the deep green mountains, the smell of the food stands lining the streets, and most importantly, the image of smiling Chinese friends. This trip has been incredible experience that I will treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment