Sunday, May 23, 2010

From Kaitlyn Gardner

May 21, 2010

This past weekend we went to Chengdu to the panda reserve and went to a few other sites but the "panders" were my favorite. I probably took 100 pics of the pandas because they were just too cute. We also saw red pandas, which I felt bad for because everyone thought they were ugly because they kind of looked like raccoons, I didn't love them, but the black and white pandas were my favorite and just so adorable. While we were in Chengdu a few of us went out to celebrate Jess Capaldi's birthday and that was so much fun. When we were out you would have thought we were celebrities but I had a good time with everyone and being out in China is similar to the US because they pretty much play all American music. The weeks at school have been jammed packed with activities and today we went to the Dazu Stone Carvings, which were very interesting. The detail on the carvings was amazing to look at. So far this trip has been more than what I expected it to be, in a good way. There has definitely been some unnecessary drama amongst a few people but that typically happens with any group. After our Chengdu trip I ended up getting sick but got better in a few days. That is when I really started missing home, I mean I missed it before but being sick when I am on the other side of the world from my family wasn't exactly fun. I am feeling better now but I can't wait to go home and just have some wawa, pizza, cheese, and hot sauce. I never realized how much I take for granted the little things that I have when I am home, but now that I am here and they are taken away from me, I appreciate them a lot more. We have about a week left in China and I am most excited for this week because the activities they have planned seem to be the ones I am most looking forward to, such as the night cruise, and the family stay. I am excited for this week but I am missing home and excited to see everyone soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment