Tuesday, May 18, 2010

From Jermaine Hartsfield


May 18, 2010

“A glass that is full cannot be filled.” This is a phrase that remained with me throughout my experience in China. In order to have the greatest experience possible a person must be open and willing to accept a culture that is completely different from his or her own. My time spent in China has been overwhelming thus far. Prior to coming to China I thought I knew a lot about Chinese culture. Now, having stayed in China for more than a week, I realize that I knew only a small fraction of Chinese culture. China is one of a kind. Out of all the countries I have traveled to, China is the most unique. Chinese culture is so traditional, but yet mysterious. I have so many questions about Chinese culture but I am quite certain that many of my questions may not be answered because China has such a vast history. It is nearly impossible to know the entire history of the more than 4000-year-old country. This trip has opened my eyes and for the remainder of my stay I will make it my duty to inquire as much about Chinese culture as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment