Saturday, May 22, 2010

From Jessica Capaldi


May 21, 2010


Well it's day 16 in China! Everything has been pretty crazy since we've arrived here, in Chongqing. I've been seeing and experiencing so much more than I ever thought I'd have the chance to! In the last few days this week, I haven't been able to do too much. I was pretty sick for three days at the beginning of this week. Finally got rid of my fever and got to hang with the Widener, Chinese and other exchange students. Since I've been in Chongqing, I've made a few good friends from CTBU. Everyone here, including faculty, has been more than great.


I actually had my 20th birthday here in China this past weekend. It has been the most amazing birthday I've had yet! That was also the weekend we went to Chengdu and saw the Pandas! Seeing such beautiful animals really made the weekend and was so far, the highlight of this trip! Even though the bus ride there wasn't so pleasant, it was more than worthit.


Well long day tomorrow, we're visiting our local families for the day. I'm kind of nervous about the experience just because I'm not sure what to expect and not sure if it will be awkward or not. Although, I'm pretty excited and glad that we will get the chance to experience a regular day with a local Chongqing family.

No comments:

Post a Comment