Wednesday, May 19, 2010

From Sethany Nuth



May 17, 2010


This is my 12th day in China. It has been a sweaty blast. I learned many great experiences throughout this first half of the trip. One of the most exciting adventures was the flight situation. I was separated from the group because I did not make it to check-in on time. I had to fly in another flight at the later time. During the flight I met a few travelers who have the same flight situation and they were very friendly and helpful. I met one Chinese student who is also from the United States. He was very helpful. He helped me with the translation at the Beijing airport and even helped me to find the hotel where everyone stayed. My adventure was not as easy as I thought because of the language differences. Without him I would not know how to get to the hotel. However, from this experience, I learned that friends can be made everywhere and generosity can be found in every person.

At first I have a little hard time with hanging out with people that I haven’t hung out with before. I was homesick because I felt I’m so far away from home. The contact network was not convenience. However, this feeling began to fade away as soon as I stepped in CTBU. Students and faculty in CTBU are very friendly and concern. They make me feel like I’m living at home. They are very pleasant to be around. The contact network is also convenient at CTBU, which made me feel even closer to home. I enjoyed hanging out with my classmates and other foreign students including CTBU students. I’m having a great time right now. I hope it will stay like this way or even better for the second half of our stay at CTBU.

No comments:

Post a Comment