Tuesday, May 11, 2010

From Kaitlyn



Coming to China was something that I was unprepared for and definitely an experience that I am so excited for. At our stay in Beijing it was awesome and I did a lot of things that I never thought I would do. When I found out we were climbing the Great Wall of China and doing all the historical sites I was excited because I never in my life expected to do any of those things. On our free time in Beijing a lot of us walked around and experienced the bargaining and shopping aspect of Beijing, which was an experience in itself but something I will never forget! Now that I am in Chongqing, Beijing feels like a vacation because here at the university it is a little overwhelming and I am still warming up to the idea of this city because it is so different than Beijing and I felt like I was just getting my bearings in the city. The people here are more than accommodating to us and it is something I am definitely getting used to because I am just not used to it. I am starting to miss my family and everyone at home, though a little more than I was before, but I am just glad we have internet now so I can get in touch with everyone! This exchange program has just started and I don't have much to say about it yet except I am really excited to participate in it and experience this because I have heard nothing but amazing things about this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment